Our client is a large Australian owned organisation encapsulating a range of business functions including recruitment and labour hire as well as property asset maintenance services.
To support their growing business, our client is seeking a talented individual to join their Glebe office as an Office and General Support “jack-of-all-trades” on a full time basis (35 hours per week).
Our client prioritises their core values as being real, determined and people focused. They believe in relationships, not transactions. This is why our client has been so successful in the Australian market since 1955.
About the Role
This is a full-time Office All-Rounder role where you will assist in all aspects of the business’ operations. Key to your success will be honesty, integrity and organisational skills.
The role’s General Housekeeping/Maintenance duties include:
– Utilising the company van (automatic) to perform numerous work related errands daily around Sydney. These errands include going to the post office and bank as well as conducting deliveries to and pick-ups from other businesses.
– Ensuring the executives’ cars are clean and tidy.
– General minor building maintenance duties (such as replacing light bulbs and repairing fixtures around the office).
– Keeping the office’s entrance and rear presentable and clean.
– Monitoring and managing of any unauthorised parking in the company’s car park area.
The role’s Office/Admin duties include:
– Writing company cheques for signing by signatory and completing cheque payment summaries record. Maintaining cheque requisition register for every cheque written.
– Data entry into the company’s accounting software each month.
– Maintaining filing systems and keeping filing up to date. Archiving and retrieving of old files when required.
– Opening, sorting, and routing incoming mail to appropriate staff and preparing outgoing mail for daily posting.
– Occasionally greeting visitors and clients and directing them to appropriate team members.
– Operating office equipment (such as computers, fax machines and printers).
– Assisting with photocopying and binding documents. This includes monthly and quarterly board report papers.
– Replenishing printer cartridges, office stationary and paper as required.
Skill and Experience Criteria
As the ideal person for this role, you will have experience in a similar role and environment. You will also be able to hit the ground running by demonstrating the following essential criteria:
– A full driver’s license, with greater than 5 years driving experience and a clean driving record.
– Basic computer skills and data entry experience.
– Basic Microsoft Excel skills.
– Professional verbal and written communication skills.
While it is ideal that you have similar previous experience, this role is also an entry level position open to candidates without experience who meet all other criteria.
Behavioural Trait Criteria
As the role has access to sensitive information and in order to fit in with the office environment and culture, our client requires that the successful candidate meet the following behavioural criteria:
– Being trustworthy, loyal and honest.
– Being consistently reliable.
– Having advanced work prioritising skills.
– Having great attention to detail.
– Competitive salary.
– Central location with secure and free on-site parking available, alternatively, public transport is also very close by.
– Use of the company vehicle to complete tasks as required.
– Monthly employee engagement activities – our client believes in a work hard, play hard culture.
– State-of-the-art kitchen and break room.
– Fun and social (while also professional) workplace atmosphere and culture.
If you are ready to join our client’s Glebe Team click on the APPLY button and submit your resume along with a short cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.